Are you familiar with Grief and Loss Services of the Camp Kerry Society?
We are a Canadian Charity that has been running bereavement support programs since 2007, with a mandate to serve children, youth, adults and families impacted by serious illness, grief and loss. You can find out more about us and our program offerings on our website: https://campkerrysociety.org/
How We Have Adapted to the 2020 Pandemic:
- We immediately and successfully offered virtual programming including; group and individual counselling, family art therapy, community choirs as well as music and photography workshops.
- When it became clear that we would be unable to operate our signature “Camp Kerry” family bereavement retreats that run each year at locations in BC, Ontario & New Brunswick, we rose to the challenge of creating a national virtual program that would meet our goals of providing an experience of healing, connection and hope for grieving families through compassionate community. The result of our research and planning is Kaleidoscope 2020: Camp Kerry’s first National Virtual Grief Convention for Families and Professionals.
Kaleidoscope 2020: Thursday September 24 to Sunday September 27
- A wide range of workshops and inspiring talks from internationallyrecognized keynote speakers Dr. Lorraine Hedtke, Ann Douglas & Dr. Patch Adams, alongside notable experts in the fields of health & wellness, grief psychology & counselling, parenting and education.
- Also featured are some of our more traditional “camp” activities such as a Friday evening campfire, a community memory service, morning and evening self-care sessions and so much more!
- Fun, engaging virtual workshops for children and youth including instrument-making, music lessons, puppetry, music recording, art and photography
- Support groups for youth and adults facilitated by professional therapists.