Links and Resources
BC Municipal Election 2022
On October 15th, 2022 BC underwent its municipal election. The municipal elections in BC are held every four years on the third Saturday in October. This year, BCHPCA and provincial partners worked on key messaging that aided in advocacy efforts for the accessibility of hospice palliative care in BC.
Public Funding of Bereavement Care Recommendations by BC Standing Committee on Finance
This year, the BCHPCA, VIFOH, CCS – BC, and CMHA – BC collaborated on this year’s budget committee submission; focussing on the need for funding support for bereavement care.
UBCM Hospice Endorsement
Given this year was a municipal election year, the UBCM 2022 Convention was well attended more than ever. At this year’s convention, the Town of Gibsons submitted a request to adopt EB21 – Hospice Services; a letter from Mayor William Beamish.
- Hospice Care in British Columbia: Current State Assessment Report (2019)
- Hospice Care in British Columbia: The Path Forward Report (2020)
- Media Release & Media Backgrounder about the Path Forward Report·
- (Draft) Terms of Reference for the soon to be launched Hospice Care Alliance of BC (HCABC)
- FAQ about HCABC- coming soon
Recorded Meeting Links
- May 26, 2022 Webinar: providing an update on the work done to date by the PHWG and the plan forward.
- July 28, 2020 Webinar: presenting a summary of the path forward report to the 2019 provincial roundtable participants.
- July 29, 2020 Webinar: seeking inputs from Hospice Organizations on the path forward report findings and recommendations
Your Voice Counts
The formation of HCABC is the result of input from individuals who care about those facing serious illnesses across the province. Its very success relies on increased support from individuals, families, loved ones, health care experts, health authorities, governments, and key stakeholders.